Donny Jackson, Editor, IWCE's Urgent Communications
Donny Jackson is editor of IWCE's Urgent Communications, generating content about the critical-communications arena for almost two decades and contributing to the annual IWCE conference program. Jackson won the 2013 Jesse H. Neal Award in the "Best Subject-Related Series" category for public-safety broadband coverage associated with the establishment of FirstNet, Before joining Mobile Radio Technology--the previous name for IWCE's Urgent Communications--in 2003, he covered telecommunications for four years as a freelance writer and as news editor for Telephony magazine. Prior to that, he worked for suburban newspapers in the Dallas area, serving as editor-in-chief for the Irving News and the Las Colinas Business News in the 1990s.
- Beyond the Terrestrial Network: Vendors Talk Communications Alternatives
- Next Generation ECCs: What Will They Do? How Will They Work? How Will They be Funded?
- Next-Gen 911 Funding: The $15 Billion Question
- The Digital Conundrum: Functionality and Flexibility is Great but Can it be Secured?
- The Journey to Push-to-Talk-Over-Cellular and MCPTT: Where are We Now?
- Utilities Take Center Stage in the SmartX Revolution