Ken Rehbehn, Contributing Principal Analyst, Omdia, CritComm Insights
Ken Rehbehn is a principal analyst at CritComm Insights and serves as a contributing principal analyst for Omdia. As a wireless technology analyst, Ken delivers industry analysis addressing the international landscape of systems, networks, professional services, devices, and applications that provide a thriving ecosystem for public safety/industrial communications innovation. He tracks changes in mobile broadband network evolution (LTE, 5G), critical communications group voice (3GPP Mission-Critical Push-to-Talk, DMR, TETRA, and Project25), location capabilities, NG9-1-1/112, Public Protection and Disaster Relief (PPDR) spectrum issues, and public safety/industrial Internet of Things (IoT). Ken combines decades of experience in data communications technology with an extensive background as a former 9-1-1 dispatcher and paramedic. He is currently an active firefighter/EMT with Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services in Bethesda, Maryland.
- 5G: Separating the hype from the reality
- A New Standard for Firefighter Radios: What Does it Mean for Your Department?
- Communications at Major Events Around the World
- Head in the Cloud: 911 solutions are not just on-premise anymore
- On-scene Disaster Communication: An Evolving Landscape
- The Journey to Push-to-Talk-Over-Cellular and MCPTT: Where are they now?
- Why Private LTE/5G is a Big Deal