Budge Currier, California 911 Adminstrator and SWIC, Cal OES
Mr. Budge Currier joined CalOES in 2011, beginning as a Radio Engineer and serving in numerous other strategic planning positions. Since 2014, Mr. Currier served as the Statewide Interoperability Coordinator (SWIC) for California and he has led the California Emergency Function 2 (EF-2 – Communications). As the SWIC and EF-2 lead, Mr. Currier developed procedures for several statewide catastrophic event and emergency response plans. Since 2016, Mr. Currier has also served as the 911 Emergency Communications Branch Manager for California, responsible for the 911 network that supports 440 public safety answering points with an annual volume of 27 million 911 calls. Since 2017, Mr. Currier has been the lead program manager for the Broadband Services Division and coordinates the deployment of the First Responder Networking Authority and Broadband Services in California.
- 911, the Nation's Lifeline is at Risk
- Coordinating Interoperability at All Levels of Government
- Head in the Cloud: 911 Solutions are Not Just On-premise Anymore
- Implementing NG 9-1-1 from RFP to Live 9-1-1 calls
- Next Generation ECCs: What Will They Do? How Will They Work? How Will They be Funded?
- Surf's Up: How 911 Can Ride the Information Wave and Not Be Overwhelmed by a Data Tsunami