Walt Magnussen, Director, Texas A&M University ITEC
Dr. Magnussen is a long time contributor to IWCE and public safety in general. His ITEC Center has been heavily involved in all aspects of public safety communications including NG 911, Public Safety Broadband Networks, Public Safety Application and large scale public safety exercises. He has testified before the FCC and Congress and serves on the Safecom DHS advisory committee. He recently completed a two year appointment to the US Department of Justice as a Sr. Policy Advisor for NG 911. Current funding has the Center working on NG911 Conformance testing, 4G and 5G cyber security, MCPTT conformance testing and NG 911 conformance testing.
- 5G Wireless - What is it and what does it mean to Public Safety
- Data Interoperability: More Critical than Ever
- Next Generation ECCs: What Will They Do? How Will They Work? How Will They be Funded?
- Public Safety Interoperability - The importance of Conformance Testing
- Surf's Up: How 911 Can Ride the Information Wave and Not be Overwhelmed by a Data Tsunami
- Voice Interoperability: Still a Challenge