AJ Wiesenfeld (Consultant, IWA Technical Services, Inc.)
Date: Monday, March 21
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
ETA International Training
Vault Recording: TBD
The General Communications Technician program is customizable “hands-on” instruction modeled after the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) guidelines that cover all of the disciplines listed in the COMT program and the APCO/ANSI technician standards.
GCT-2 brings the GCT-1 apprentice to the next level on the pathway of becoming a seasoned Certified Electronics Technician by taking a much deeper dive into everyday problems encountered by the field engineer.
GCT-2 expands the attendee’s knowledge base to include advanced elements of various communications concepts and technologies. The course focuses on every day activities including, field installation, troubleshooting, and service procedures.
YOU WILL LEARN
• The critical aspects of LMR that are used daily in the field
• Applications of radio theory that are easily understandable
• Hands-On troubleshooting using state-of-the-art test equipment
• All of the technical competencies contained in the DHS COMT
• All core competencies found in APCO / ANSI 18.104.22.1685 communications technicians standard
• FCC / FAA rules and regulations
• Safety in the work environment
Certification: General Communications Technician Level 2 (GCT2)
Certification Cost: included in the price of the workshop