This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
5G for Public Safety and National Security – Why Network Resiliency and Reliability Matters
Bryan Schromsky (Managing Partner, 5G Public Sector, Verizon)
Steve Miller (CTO, The Digital Decision)
Date: Tuesday, March 22
Time: 9:00 am - 9:45 am
Track: Network Resiliency
Format: Power Session
Vault Recording: TBD
5G is here, growing rapidly to provide true ultra-wideband coverage. Every day, more public
sector users are leveraging new 5G equipment, applications, and capabilities to enhance
public safety. How does public safety leverage these new 5G capabilities while maintaining
(and improving) reliability, security, and increasing cross-carrier interoperability? This
session hears from two veteran public safety and national security experts on what to
expect from the currency of mobile and fixed wireless 5G access and the continued
importance of reliability, interoperability, and security for 5G.
- Learn why all carrier 5G implementations are not the same.
- Why 5G on a public safety grade network is mission critical.
- Discover best practices for maximizing 5G capabilities for Public Safety and National Security customers.
- Understand new features, equipment, capabilities, interoperability, and security opportunities that 5G can deliver.
- Realize how “fixed” 5G wireless is a game changer for public sector customers.
- See what other small, medium, and large public sector agencies are doing to transition to 5G.
- Learn about next generation public safety and national security applications (productivity and lifesaving) and what’s new coming out of the 5G First Responder labs.